Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

AOL Time Warner in talks to buy RedHat

Thread: AOL Time Warner in talks to buy RedHat

x0xCRIZx0x

AOL Time Warner in talks to buy RedHat

Hi all, just carousing through some news and came across this link. I think it's a good opportunity to leverage linux to the average home user. Although I wondering why they chose Redhat. Do they have more of a user base than the other distros? *shrug*

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2002Jan18.html

JimH

Re: AOL Time Warner in talks to buy RedHat

I saw this last night.. >

<rant mode on>
    I certainly hope this is nothing more then someone's idea of a "REALLY REALLY REALLY SICK JOKE!"
    <rant mode off>

If it does happen you, if the response to this "rumor" on the Red Hat mailing lists is any indication, there will be alot of former Red Hat user. Myself included. >

Jim H
    Maybe former Red Hat user

nfallon

Re: AOL Time Warner in talks to buy RedHat

It makes sense. AOL always complained about their icon not being on the desktop on WIndows based systems. Now they would be able to just have their online service as the browser.

Neil