Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Free Borland JBuilder Personal Edition

Thread: Free Borland JBuilder Personal Edition

nfallon

Free Borland JBuilder Personal Edition

Borland is offering free JBuilder Personal Edition version 6. The link is:

http://www.borland.com/jbuilder/down...nal_steps.html

Neil

JimH

Re: Free Borland JBuilder Personal Edition

Did they change the license?

How do you like it? I have never even looked at java. It just runs WAY TO SLOW for me.

Jim H

nfallon

Did they change the license?

How do you like it? I have never even looked at java. It just runs WAY TO SLOW for me.

Jim H
    I've been working with it on a Windows XP box. It runs very slow on Linux. I'm sure there is some tweaking that can be done to speed things up. The JBuilder apps from the Windows box are 100% compatible from what I've tested. I do have to make some font changes to get Linux to see the Windows fonts.

Once you get use to the development environment it's pretty easy to work with. I would prefer to see Borland port C++ Builder to Linux but won't hold my breath.

Neil

JimH

I would prefer to see Borland port C++ Builder to Linux but won't hold my breath.

Neil
    They have been working on a linux port for quite a while. Either they are having bunches of problems or are just taking their time to make it "perfect".

Jim H