Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

RedHat 7.1

Thread: RedHat 7.1

Psycho

RedHat 7.1

What the hey, I'll start it. Redhat 7.1 for us intermediate newbies ;D

Maybe I will try Debian for a grown-up distro

Re: RedHat 7.1

Ahhh, I have tried Debian(I am going to try it again, :'( ), but I am currently on Mandrake 8.0(yes, the flames may begin), I like Mandrake though, it works with all of my hardware, barr the Modem, which I don't believe is Mandrake anyways(See the Hardware section if you think you can help me! ). But anyways, Mandrake currently has my vote.

Side Note: I have heard some fantastic things about Slackware, I might give that a try...gotta get it downloaded anyways, but on a 56k, phew takes 3 days!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

jman_77

Redhat 7.1? ick. I still use 6.2 when I go RH. They moved all the directories and shite around in 7 so it's hard to find anything and old RPM'ed programs just don't work right.

Swishy

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn
    Ahhh, I have tried Debian(I am going to try it again, :'( ), but I am currently on Mandrake 8.0(yes, the flames may begin), I like Mandrake though, it works with all of my hardware, barr the Modem, which I don't believe is Mandrake anyways(See the Hardware section if you think you can help me! ). But anyways, Mandrake currently has my vote.

Side Note: I have heard some fantastic things about Slackware, I might give that a try...gotta get it downloaded anyways, but on a 56k, phew takes 3 days!

Aragorn
    while your at it (yes sorry once again) give gentoo a go , I was using mandrake after getting peeved with rh7.3 and have found after the time consuming install , it has to be the fastest and one of the stablest installs out there if you want it to be , good for the athlon users out there to as with the 1.3 install it comes with gcc3.1 .