Any IPChains Gurus out there? Got a simple question for ya. I have a server machine that I'd like to do routing for two other servers. The first machine has three network cards as follows:
eth0 - 184.108.40.206 - ADSL connection to ISP
eth1 - 10.0.0.1 - masquerades for rest of internal network
eth2 - 220.127.116.11 - link to the other servers
I know I need to add some IP chains rules to set up forwarding and I've read the IPChains HOWTO, but for some reason, I just didn't seem to understand what I need to do. How do I tell eth2 to forward packets to eth1 and from there on out and vice versa?
I'm sure you've found an answer by now but I thought I'd share a little info with those who may be reading this and needing more info. Check out these sites..taken from the Firewall How TO.
· The The Linux Networking Overview HOWTO
· The Ethernet HOWTO <http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/Ethernet-
· IPchains Firewalling made Easy! <http://ipchains.nerdherd.org/>
· Linux Network Address Translation
· The Net-3 HOWTO <http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/NET-3-HOWTO.html>
· The NET-PPP HOWTO <http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/PPP-HOWTO.html>
· The easiest way to create Virtual Tunnels over TCP/IP networks