Thread: It has been decided!

It has been decided!

Ok, guys, for those of you who know already I have been looking for a language to learn. I know quite a few OLD languages, and I am even quite fluent in C, but I needed an OO language that I can develop scripts and such for this site. I have decided on Python. It has come with great reviews, and is actually easier to handle forms and such than perl. I have searched and searched for info pertaining to this and it has all pointed me to the same direction. I guess my first script will be a news automater for the news page, because if updating that news page isn't hell, then I dont' know what is!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Sekihmet

Re: It has been decided!

This is an old post, but I'm new so... I'll reply since no one else did.

Just curious how you are liking Python 2 monthes later? Is it what you expected?

I'm still fairly new to programming. Working on C++, and then I'll be moving on to Perl once I'm comfortable enough with C++.

My choice for C++ was: 1st My friend is learning it in University and said I should as well so it will help when I go there. 2nd Thats what the Linux Kernel is mostly written in!

JimH

My choice for C++ was: 1st My friend is learning it in University and said I should as well so it will help when I go there. 2nd Thats what the Linux Kernel is mostly written in!
    Actually the Linux kernel is written in C not C++.

I am loving Python! It is an awesome language with a lot of the power of C. Hopefully you guys will soon be able to see the email proggy I created using python, I am just waiting for all the gadgets to be set up so you can have an @getlinuxonline.com addy.

Aragorn

P.S. I knew most of the kernel was written in C, but I was confused too I guess, I thought there were quite a few additions of C++ to the kernel
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Sekihmet

I thought it was mostly C++ now for some reason. I don't look at the source much yet though.

Ah well, thanks for the correction!