Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Python + ncurses problem

Thread: Python + ncurses problem

absolute

Python + ncurses problem

How do you display with python+ncurses all those slick looking lines and blocks that you
    can do easily with DOS ?

I try with
    Code:
    scr.addch(5,5,chr(221))
    (half-thick block) but on the Mandrake 8.0 console I
    get the correct character with white backgroud and black foreground attribute, not the one
    I set. With the 80x25 console I get blinking attribute.

Re: Python + ncurses problem

I haven't done any curses programming, but from what I can see this is the site you need.

http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/curses/node7.html
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

This is a rough idea of what the function should look like, atleast in my mind, for which I have just woke up so I could be totally off, especially since I"ve never used curses.

Code:
    import curses

def main():

stdscr = curses.initscr()

stdscr.start_color()

if stdscr.has_color():

curses.initpair(1, curses.COLOR_RED, 
                               curses.COLOR_WHITE)
           stdscr.addstr(0,0,chr(221),curses.COLOR_PAIR(1))

else:
           print "Sorry your terminal is not capable of displaying\
                  color"

main()
    See if that does anything....I don't know if it will or not! I am at work otherwise I would try it out for ya!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Nice to have another Python programmer around here! hehe

Aragorn

absolute

well it didn't work Aragorn, could it be Mandrake 8's termcap anomality
    And'bout the py-howto, thx that what exactly what I'm reading while posting this.

Python still a very cool languange though
    8)

well it didn't work Aragorn, could it be Mandrake 8's termcap anomality
    And'bout the py-howto, thx that what exactly what I'm reading while posting this.

Python still a very cool languange though
    8)
    Sorry it didn't work. I am not sure what to tell you, I'll look into it some more. I didn't try it on a Linux box yet, but it worked fine in Winblows(only thing I had available to me at the time). I'll toy around with it when I get home and get my Redhat Box set up!

Aragorn

JimH

Another link from IBM developer works on Python programming. This one is about programming with Ncurses. Also has some links to more infromation.

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerwork...l-python6.html

Jim H