Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Books to help the change

Thread: Books to help the change

heathp

Books to help the change

Here is a book that will help break the Windows habit.

http://www.osborne.com/networking_co...72130814.shtml

Re: Books to help the change

Very nice...I'll add that to the store...do you own the book? How do you like it if you do?

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

heathp

Re: Books to help the change

The subject matter in the "Linux for Windows Addicts: A Twelve Step Program for Habitual Windows Users" looks to be a good start for the Windows user that would like to experiment with Linux. I haven't purchased this book but I may ask my local public library if they can order it. The gent in the "LA Times" topic may be the best type of user for this book. Maybe he could give the book a review for us.

I actually just purchased "Linux Administration:A beginner's Guide". I'm a LAN administrator and I need more information on the networking side of Linux (Samba/Apache). I'll let you know how helpfull it is for a Newbie like me.
    http://www.osborne.com/networking_co...72131365.shtml

Here is a list of Linux books offered by Osborne
    http://www.osborne.com/indexes/linux.shtml

VampyreUK

A Quick Note

Couldn't find the link on Osbourne, went to Amazon UK and found that the Amazon reviewer (not a customer) really wasn't that impressed with it.

VampyreUK