Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Unable to send/rec mail using Kmail

Thread: Unable to send/rec mail using Kmail

WireChief

Unable to send/rec mail using Kmail

Find that this program is hanging my system and cannot exit it normally either with Ctrl Alt F2, Ctrl Alt Backspace and end up having to hit system reset.

Re: Unable to send/rec mail using Kmail

Do you have the resolv.conf file set up? If it can't find a nameserver it just sits their waiting for a nameserver to receive the mail...

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

WireChief

Re: Unable to send/rec mail using Kmail

Well since I changed the configuration in Kmail from "sendmail" to "SMTP" put my ISP's ip address in place of the "localserver"
    restarted and now I can Send/recv mail. I checked the resolv.conf and it has nameserver ip's in it.