Thread: Weird stuff

Hybrid View

Weird stuff

Ok, well I had a success and had a failure. I love Progeny so far, but am having a REALLY weird problem with it.

1. Whenever I goto install a package off of the first disk, it attempts to install the ENTIRE CD

2. It is installing my CD-Rom under a scsi device, which it is not. So I get read-errors sometimes, not
    very often, but sometimes.

I can't figure this out, if it wasn't for these two things, I'd have found my distro, but I can't install anything off of the first disk because it installs EVERYTHING and screws with my dependencies.....weird eh?

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Re: Weird stuff

This is getting ugly! GRRR > >

I decided to give slack a try because I read about a patch in the /usr/src directory that fixes the kernel compilation errors, but the cd has a scratch on it, so I'll be back to downloading it again, on a 56k no less. This is really getting irritating. I guess it is that time to go out and buy a CD case.....ack.....

Aragorn

If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

seamonkey

haha.

being on this cable modem is tough. 200-250k/sec...

so hard to deal with.
    hehe

This is getting ugly! GRRR > >

I decided to give slack a try because I read about a patch in the /usr/src directory that fixes the kernel compilation errors, but the cd has a scratch on it, so I'll be back to downloading it again, on a 56k no less. This is really getting irritating. I guess it is that time to go out and buy a CD case.....ack.....

Aragorn

johnqpublic

Aragorn wrote:

This is getting ugly! GRRR

Aragorn

So you have a cure to the Slack kernel prob we both are having?Keep me posted your progress.

I will, don't worry....I just have to do the damn download again! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Aragorn

A few more :'( :'( :'( :'(