Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Woe is me with GlibC!

Thread: Woe is me with GlibC!

Woe is me with GlibC!

I am trying to upgrade Glibc and it is the hardest upgrade I have ever had to do. Once I get it downloaded it all these dependencies come up, and once I download the dependencies, more dependencies come up, I have downloaded almost 150Mb to just try and get it to work and it STILL isn't even close I still have a list of atleast 50 proggys that need such and such file. AUGH! Any ideas on how to make this easier, or anyone have this issue that forced it rather than trying to get it nice and primp?

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Re: Woe is me with GlibC!

Well the more I read the more I fear I am wasting my time and wasted my money on the 6.0 purchase. Obviously upgrading Glibc is a nearly impossible task. Everything I read says do a major upgrade and spare the time...augh....great! So I guess I might as well start downloading the ISO's tomorrow for 7.2! :'( :'( :'(

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

<bump>

I want to see if JimH has a cure for my woes! :P

Aragorn

JimH

<bump>

I want to see if JimH has a cure for my woes! :P

Aragorn
    LOL, yep install RH 7.2 . How and to what version are you trying to upgrade?

Jim H

Aaron_Adams

rpm -ivh glibc --nodeps

Alteast... it will install then, but it still won't work :P

Well that doesn't help that much! :P

Aaron_Adams

lol, I couldn't resist. --nodeps is so fun sometimes !

YOu never know... it might just work. ITs worked for me before.