Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

VDK Builder

Thread: VDK Builder

nfallon

VDK Builder

I installed VDK Builder on my Mandrake 8.1 system today. It was installed from an RPM and installed without problems. There were no instructions on how to start this app.

Does any one have any ideas?

It is a C++ GUI shell for GTK. THe GTK libraries are installed.

Neil

JimH

Re: VDK Builder

I had forgotten about that project. I also thought it was inactive. :'(

Looking at the contents of the rpm the executable appears to be /usr/bin/vdkb You shouldn't need to type the full path.

You can get a list of all the files an rpm installs with these commands.

If the rpm has not been installed:

rpm -qpl vdkbuilder-1.2.5-1.i386.rpm | less

If the rpm is already installed:

rpm -ql vdkbuilder | less

Piping the output through "less" allows you to scroll through the contents when they need more then one screen to display. Use the up/down arrow keys, page up/page dn to scroll. Press q to exit "less". Piping the contents through "less" isn't necessary if the contents on the rpm will fit on one screen.

Jim H

nfallon

Re: VDK Builder

I had forgotten about that project. I also thought it was inactive. :'(

Looking at the contents of the rpm the executable appears to be /usr/bin/vdkb You shouldn't need to type the full path.

You can get a list of all the files an rpm installs with these commands.

If the rpm has not been installed:

rpm -qpl vdkbuilder-1.2.5-1.i386.rpm | less

If the rpm is already installed:

rpm -ql vdkbuilder | less

Piping the output through "less" allows you to scroll through the contents when they need more then one screen to display. Use the up/down arrow keys, page up/page dn to scroll. Press q to exit "less". Piping the contents through "less" isn't necessary if the contents on the rpm will fit on one screen.

Jim H

Thanks Jim. VDKB was the command to start the shell.

Neil