Thread: Email Stationary

nfallon

Email Stationary

Is there an email client for Linux that is capable of displaying stationary that has animated graphics and sound?

There are so many out there it would take me about six months to try them all.

If I can find one I can convert my wife's system to Linux.

Neil

JimH

Re: Email Stationary

Hmmm, what type of animated graphics and sound?

Jim H

nfallon

Hmmm, what type of animated graphics and sound?

Jim H

She creates what are basically animated web pages that are used to send email messages. The sounds are usually midi and the graphics are usually jpg or gif. She uses both VBScript and Java Script in the pages.

I think the VBScript part of it may pose a problem.

Neil

JimH

She creates what are basically animated web pages that are used to send email messages. The sounds are usually midi and the graphics are usually jpg or gif. She uses both VBScript and Java Script in the pages.

I think the VBScript part of it may pose a problem.
    Yeah, I think the VBScript part might be a problem. :P The midi might pose a problem too. I'll have to look into that I prefer plain text e-mail.

Netscape and Mozilla's e-mail clients will display javascript. I don't know if Evolution does or not, will have to check.

I've never used Sylpheed, I don't know what it supports. Supposed to be a nice and fast client. I have been meaning to get arouind to trying it.

Jim H goes to check some of this......

Well I don't see any reason why she can't create the pages, but testing them is where the problem lies. I assume she is sending them out to all IE/OL/OLE users anyways. You guys might want to try vmware....just so she can do that!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

Well I don't see any reason why she can't create the pages, but testing them is where the problem lies. I assume she is sending them out to all IE/OL/OLE users anyways. You guys might want to try vmware....just so she can do that!
    LOL, I forgot about vmware. :'(

Jim H

nfallon

Aragorn

Actually the people she sends them out to are just OE people. She belongs to several scripting groups that do that type of scripting.

Neil

nfallon

I have a few extra systems hanging around that are not used. Maybe I'll just set one up with Linux with a switch for the monitor, mouse, and keyboard. I'm sure once she tries it she'll be hooked and just use the Windows box for her stationary.

Neil

Actually the people she sends them out to are just OE people. She belongs to several scripting groups that do that type of scripting.

Neil
    Sorry, that is what I meant by OL(Outlook)/OLE(Outlook express), I had a brain fart on the acronyms! :-/

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.