Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

GnomePrint libraries >= 0.25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GnomePrint libraries >= 0.25

nfallon

GnomePrint libraries >= 0.25

I'm trying to setup GnomeBasic. When I try to configure I get an error GnomePrint libraries >= 0.25... configure:error:not found.

Does anyone have any idea where to find the libraries?

Neil

nfallon

Re: GnomePrint libraries >= 0.25

I found Gnome Print 0.25 and attempted to install it.

It came up with an error: configure error:could not link sample xml program.

I then downloaded and installed libxml.

After installing libxml without problems I went back and ran ./configure on the gnome print 0.25. I ended up with the same error. This makes no sense. Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone had any luck installing GnomeBasic?

Neil

JimH

Mandrake 8.1 appears to come with gnome-print 0.29. The rpm's for gnome-print, gnome-print devel will be on your Madrake CD. You must not have had them installed.

Jim H

nfallon

Mandrake 8.1 appears to come with gnome-print 0.29. The rpm's for gnome-print, gnome-print devel will be on your Madrake CD. You must not have had them installed.

Jim H

Hi Jim,

I tried to install gnome-print-devel. It told me that it was already installed.

Neil

JimH

OK, you have gnome-print 0.29 and gnome-print-devel 0.29 installed and when you run ./configure on Gnome Basic it still says gnome-print isn't installed?

Jim H

nfallon

OK, you have gnome-print 0.29 and gnome-print-devel 0.29 installed and when you run ./configure on Gnome Basic it still says gnome-print isn't installed?

Jim H

Yes, when I try to install gnome-print or gnome-print-devel the software manager says that they are already installed and I still get the error that gnome print libraries not installed.

Neil

JimH

What does this show?

rpm -qa | grep gnome-print

and what does this show?

gnome-config --modversions print

I downloaded Gnome Baisc, it configures fine on my system.

Jim H

nfallon

What does this show?

and what does this show?

gnome-config --modversions print

I downloaded Gnome Baisc, it configures fine on my system.

Jim H

gnome-print-0.29-2.mdk

gnome-config --modversion print
    Unknown library 'print'
    gnome-libs-1.4.1.2

JimH

gnome-print-0.29-2.mdk

gnome-config --modversion print
    Unknown library 'print'
    gnome-libs-1.4.1.2
    It looks like you do not have gnome-print-devel installed. Install it and try 'gnome-config --modversion print' again.

If it says you already have it installed. Try using the --replacepkgs option

rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs packagename.rpm

The file ./configure is looking for is /usr/lib/printConf.sh This tells ./configure what version is installed and the options it requires.

rpm -qf /usr/lib/printConf.sh
    gnome-print-devel-0.29-6

Jim H

nfallon

It looks like you do not have gnome-print-devel installed. Install it and try 'gnome-config --modversion print' again.

If it says you already have it installed. Try using the --replacepkgs option

rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs packagename.rpm

The file ./configure is looking for is /usr/lib/printConf.sh This tells ./configure what version is installed and the options it requires.

rpm -qf /usr/lib/printConf.sh
    gnome-print-devel-0.29-6

Jim H
    No luck.

I think the problem is that I don't have a /usr/lib/printConf.sh file and everything is looking for it.

Neil