Thread: Well I made one step with Debian

Well I made one step with Debian

I manage to get my modem to work FINALLY! Now it is just my video card that is a hell of a hurdle for me. I have a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX. Debian does NOT like it at all. I have downloaded the drivers from nvidia.com and it is having to link itself to the kernel. Which it is having a hell of a time doing. For some strange reason, the kernel source in Debian is split into two directories. The main source is in one directory and the header files are in another. But of course the make file had them in the same directory, so I edited that and it starts to work but it is experience all kinds of coding errors! I can't figure it out, so if you guys have any suggestions or any way to do it, please let me know!!!
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

pkiguru

So what about the Geforce2 MX

So how did your try with the Geforce2 MX card go? I have a Geforce 2 MX-200 card, and I see on the nvidia drivers page that this card is not supported. Are there any ways to get this card up and running with some tweaking, or...? I have tried to get it up, followed the steps in the README and Installation guide, but the screen only starts flashing when testing X at 1024x768x16 or x24.

The card is identified with chipID 0x0111, which is Geforce2 MX DDR. But I guess that is not correct. I tried to overide it with chipID 0x110 (Geforce2 MX) but that didn't work at all. So when will the MX-200 card be supported, if ever?

By the way, my linux is RedHat 7.1.

Re: Well I made one step with Debian

Oh god yes it took some time to get set up. I wrote an OMP on it though, so if you need to get it running just goto the OMP from the main page. It will show you exactly how to get it running!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.