Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to keep Host connection alive

Thread: How to keep Host connection alive

Hybrid View

WireChief

How to keep Host connection alive

Seems that I get disconnected from host after 3 to 5 mins of what it thinks is inactivity, how can you keep this from happening?

Re: How to keep Host connection alive

It is because it isn't getting a call back from your DNS servers. You have to set up your hosts.conf file and your resolv.conf file in your /etc directory.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

WireChief

I checked the etc/hosts.conf and it seems to be setup ok with
    order hots,bind and multi on .... I set my kmail to check mail every 3 minutes and now dont get knocked off.

yes...hosts.conf should be set up fine...it is the resolv.conf that was prolly giving you problems!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.