Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Video Problems (Newbie) - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Video Problems (Newbie)

Re: Video Problems (Newbie)

I know that probably the last thing you want to do right now is try a different distrobution, but I have ran across one that you might really like. You started with Debian....so you'll definitely find this one to your taste. If you want me to I'll send it to you, I normally would charge, but I want to get this resolved for you...so I'll just send you a copy without to docs or anything....It is called Progeny Debian.....it is an EXCELLENT distrobution...unbelievably configurable and has a great auto-detect program....I have even read some places that it detects the MediaGX and works great with it...auto sets up your x server and everything...so if you IM me your address or email me at

mailto:josh.rogers@getlinuxonline.com

I should have it sent out for you by tomorrow....

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

waltnjulie

If I'd only seen that a couple days ago...

I got the MediaGX back online the only way I know how--by giving it back to Windows, where I have all the right drivers.

This situation has really made me rethink what I'm doing. I don't need to have one working computer at all times--I need two. My brand-new Athlon 950 is on its way to the repair shop, only two months after I bought it. I didn't think I'd need the MediaGX, but I guess I do. I'm thinking of buying an old computer just to put Linux on to play with...what'cha think?

Oh yeah! Definitely, or maybe even be a real go getter and put it on that Athlon machine, you talk about watchin it Fly! I have a PIII 933 Mhz, and it does definitely fly! It is a beauty to watch some times, ::Aragorn gets a bit misty::, oh sorry, just Linux makes me so proud sometimes! Hahaha, well WaltnJulie, the offer still stands for Progeny, so just let me know when you need!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

waltnjulie

Unfortunately, tax software is only made for Dos and Windoze. No other options. And the MediaGX is too slow to run it very well, which is why I bought the Athlon in the first place. So I'll have to find something cheap, that I can afford, and start all over. Besides, the Athlon has an nVidia card, aren't those supposed to be problems too? ;D

Thanks, though. And I'll be back.

Julie

Nvidias can be a problem...but we have an OMP for that..and it makes it VERY easy! Once it is setup it is oh so sweet!

As far as the tax software...hmmm....we'll see....I bet there has to be something out there...and there is always wine too! Run quicker even!

Well after you get your Athlon back...I'd try Linux a bit more on the MediaGX, I am sure we can eventually get it working for ya!

Aragorn

waltnjulie

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to scout the thrift stores and want ads for a machine to play with!

Julie