Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
VIA2 slot interrupt stuck

Thread: VIA2 slot interrupt stuck

HKFranz

VIA2 slot interrupt stuck

I have a Macintosh Performa 6200CD originally running MacOS 7.5.1. I proceeded to install MkLinux DR3 from a cd I burned from the image I downloaded. I boot with the PERFORMA2 kernel, renamed as "Mach Kernel." During the installation process I was barraged by a flood of error messages reading "Warning! VIA2 slot interrupt stuck! (0x40)" I managed to finish installation, hoping this would go away after reboot. No such luck. During the boot process and constantly while running MkLinux, the error message scrolls up the screen, garbling text and making discerning anything in X windows virtually impossible. I believe this is a problem with something on my motherboard or one of my serial ports. I switched keyboards, mice, unplugged my printer, etc. Nothing has solved this problem. The only time I do not see this error is when I issue the shutdown command and run Linux in single-user mode. What is wrong? What can I do to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JimH

Re: VIA2 slot interrupt stuck

I did a search on the web for this error with no results. I found an Apple mailing list for Mklinux might try asking your question there and see if they can help. I have no experience at all with Apple hardware.

http://www.mklinux.org/mailinglists.html

Jim H