Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

some advice por favor TNG
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some advice por favor TNG

Spot

some advice por favor TNG

OK, I've got myself a nifty Logitech Cordless Wheelmouse, which is supported superbly under Drake 8.1, except for one thing:
    Under 'doz, I'm used to having the middle button (wheel button) as a double click. I've been romping thru all the mouse howto's I can get my hands on, but I haven't come across how to configure the wheel button to act as a double click.
    I miss this feature terribly =/

Re: some advice por favor TNG

Have you checked under the control panel to see if there is a mouse configuration. I don't know, I haven't ever looked for I have only had two buttons mice. I would check there though to see about a mouse configuration setting.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Spot

Yep, unfortunately there's no setting for a doubleclick in the control panel

x0xCRIZx0x

Hi. I know that for wheel mouse scrolling,there is a line in the XF86Config-4 file (assuming that you use XFree86 4.x) that is specific for the wheel. Not at home, right now, but i'll post the lines later. Maybe you can change that line to give the wheel click an effect of double-click? I would search for configurations for X. Just a thought..

Just out of curiousity, why do you need to double click? Unless in KDE you have the double click option on, everything should load with one click. If you want the middle button to do that, then I can show you how to do that with xmodmap, but otherwise from what I could find there isn't a way to do it.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Spot

Just out of curiousity, why do you need to double click? Unless in KDE you have the double click option on, everything should load with one click.
    I use XWC for a GUI file mananger, for familiarity's sake, and to move around directories, you dbl-click them. It's also necessary to to dbl-click when changing directories in gFTP, and I do a lot of FTP'ing.
    I'm a bit particular (friends say a bit of a freak :P) when it comes to the machines here...neat, clean...nothing on the desktops...run everything from available menus(that's what they're there for!). Desktop icons are generally useless to me to begin with, as the desktop usually has a bunch of open apps covering it up.
    Hell, even my Win2k setup is like that, except I use Litestep, and have no taskbar or start menu(popup menu anywhere on the desktop instead). Once I get more familiar with the linux GUIs, I'll most likely go that route there as well.
    So basically, having the wheelbutton as a doubleclick will make switching OS's, which I still must do, much much easier. Unfortunately it will remain like that until some of my favorite things, like Diablo, Acrobat Writer, Virtual Pool, and Photoshop(though The Gimp's no slouch!), are either replaced by linux apps, or ported to linux.

heh...now if I could only get CTRL+Q to popup an incoming licq message instead of shutting it down...

Well I have looked all over and just can't find an answer for ya Spot, I am sorry!

Photoshop eh? What kinda artwork you doing in Photoshop? ;D

I have to wait on the licq answer, I am still working on the transition myself since I just now got the modem. Good thing is, it should be tomorrow! WOOO HOOO!

Aragorn

Spot

I just dabble a bit with Photoshop, I can't draw much of anything but stick figures myself :P

Welp, after a harrowing afternoon, this machine is running again. Some time overnight, there's was a corruption of the filesystem, and I was unable to access anything and got the ever lovely boot message:

Kernel panic: I have no root and I want to scream

All I have to say is, THANK GOD for tomsrtbt (http://www.toms.net/rb/)
    If anyone doesn't have a copy, get one.

jman_77

Spot, I have the feeling you'd fall in love with BlackBox

Spot

Spot, I have the feeling you'd fall in love with BlackBox
    Got a link?