Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I lied,one more prob. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I lied,one more prob.

Re: I lied,one more prob.

Johnq,

I have the latest kernel, so I am going to toy around with it and see what is going on. Could be that it is a bug in the latest kernel, you might have to submit it it to kernel.org. haha, you might have just improved the linux community! :P

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

You must be getting the all new 2.4.7 kernel.I downloaded it last night.Will probably do a compile-install tonight when I decide which distro to put it.Still messin with 2.4.6 and the shutdown prob is getting on my nerves.

johnqpublic

Well folks,I did away with the 2.4.6 kernel and installed the new 2.4.7 kernel and so far everything is working great.No shutdown problem at all.Configured it the same way as 2.4.6,but it works alot better.Thanks for the help people,much obliged.

Well glad it worked out for ya.....my 2.4.6 kernel works fine....but it probably is a kernel bug that it doesn't work with your version of bios.....oh well....glad the new kernel works for ya!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Thought sure you were installing 2.4.7 but you got 2.4.6 working ok?Wonder what my problem was.I have an Award Bios and you'd think it would be compatable with the kernel.Oh well,I'm up and running at least.

jman_77

Rule of thumb for all you techies: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

johnqpublic

But that's no fun.Bustin up stuff is how I'm learning Linux.I learned to be a good trouble shooter with windows that way.Who am I kidding,windows goes belly up quite well on its own.I'll be destroying,I mean upgrading KDE next so stay tuned.

jman_77

Alright, how about this for all you linux techies then?
    If it ain't broke, smash it into little pieces and get the glue.

johnqpublic

I have come close to smashing my boxes into little pieces a couple thousand times.