Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I lied,one more prob.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I lied,one more prob.

Hybrid View

johnqpublic

I lied,one more prob.

Well heck,I have one more prob.My new kernel does not shut down the puter on its own.It makes me do it.Not a big problem but annoying.In Login Manager- sessions,"allow to shutdown" is set to "all" but still no go.What should I look into next?

jman_77

Re: I lied,one more prob.

what do you mean exactly by you can't shut down? what are you typing/clicking and what is it supposed to do?

Mr. JohnQPublic you have won the chance to recompile your kernel! You can look forward to running the infamous menuconfig, make dep, and make install. You will have to go through the luxurious menus of the kernel configuration and find power managment. You will then have to recompile your kernel and enjoy all the joys that power managment will provide you in your many years to come of Linuxdom.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

I use KDE I'm just logging out and cicking shutdown everything unmounts, "system will be halted immediately" but that's as far as it goes.Does same thing in a terminal type "shutdown -r now".Sorry for not being clear.

johnqpublic

Oh man your right,Aragorn.I know I didn't hit yes on APM cuz default is no.Awe %@$&%!!! this is what happens when you get in a hurry.Well I know what to do.No biggy I love kernel compiling.Thanks a bunch.

Gotta recompile your kernel sir...doesn't look as if you have apm installed....

I see you realized it as I was posting this...so I do say...g'luck to you in your recompiling...need any help, you know where to come!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Yep I sure do.This will learn me to pay attention to what I'm doing. : :P

johnqpublic

Well everyone,I got APM compiled into the 2.4.6 kernel KDE Login-sessions set to "all" and the blasted thing still does'nt shutdown on its own,not even from the console.I mean everything unmounts ok but I would like the computer to power down on its own without me hitting the power button.Have anymore ideas on this folks?

jman_77

hmm.. is it shutting everything down and leaving you at a command prompt again, or just staring at the shutdown status?

johnqpublic

Yes,it shutsdown everything I get "system will be halted immediately" and that's as far as it goes,doesn't power down.Did not have this prob with older kernels that I recall.