Thread: 'Spreading Linux' Stories

Panserbjorne

'Spreading Linux' Stories

Just starting this thread cause I think it'd be kind of cool for people to post their relative success (or lack of it) in explaining or getting people to try Linux. We could work on those proverbial 'hard nuts to crack' and help the Linux community! ;D

Re: 'Spreading Linux' Stories

Well I am working on my Girlfriend....she is a HARD UP windows user, and doesn't want to learn a new OS. I will win though, my computer anyways...I can just make Linux the only OS on here! BWAHAHAHA. As far as others, hmmm my best friend, I got him to use Linux, he ran RedHat, he had a dual processor that windows NT just couldn't handle for some strange reason. So, we installed Linux, and he was the server of choice at my college for counter strike until I upgraded my PC to the 700mhz Athlon which outclocked his 1.1ghz dual processor with two 550mhz Celeron chips! hahaha

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Panserbjorne

Well, I'm pretty much in a Windows family, but have gotten Linux installed. Working on two friends...one's already jumped into the Linux pool but the other is skeptical after a bad install :'( (due to a faulty CD)...Plus I'm trying to set up a local LUG, which the school sysadmins probably won't like.

WOOOOHOOO!!!! 8)

johnqpublic

I live in a small town(Pop 25,000)and as far as I know I am the only person in it that uses Linux.People here still think it's for geeks and hackers.This makes it hard for me cuz I have no one to show me how to do things.What I learn is from books or Forums such as this one.

Eventually I want GLO to sponsor LUGS across the nation, maybe we'll look at making an invasion in your town, you can be the moderator of the LUG!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.