Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need new browser

Hybrid View

johnqpublic

Need new browser

I'm sick of Netscape so I want a new browser.Seems Opera is the most popular .Anyone have some input on a browser I ahould try?

Re: Need new browser

Konqueror! Well so I am told anyways. If I could get KDE to install in Debian I'd be able to tell you for sure. I had the same question as you just recently and have done a lot of research into it and Konqueror is what I could come up with. It already has java and flash support. 100 percent css1 support and 65 percent css2 support. Supposedly it is fast as hell too! Check it out, tell me what you think of it, I am interested to know your results!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

jman_77

Konqueror is decent. I like mozilla too, and opera is fairly popular as well, though it has a bigass ad unless you cough up for it.

johnqpublic

Right now I'm using Mozilla and it works fine.Konq. is good also.Would like to try Opera but don't want to shell out $$ for it.Guess you can get a free download but Opera does not support Java .Is that true?Been a Netscape user from day one so Mozilla fills the void nicely but need to try something different.

jman_77

I'm fairly sure you can make opera work with Java fairly well, but I haven't used it for more than 5 minutes or so
    Mozilla seems to suit all my needs as well, but if you're really curious you can download Opera for free, but if you wanna get rid of the freakin huge banner ad you have to shell out a bit for it.

seamonkey

use lynx.

who needs silly graphics anyway

Ack, given the fact that so many icompetent webmasters don't even put alt tags on their graphics..lynx would be scary to use anymore, what am I saying, I was using it not to long ago...it is scary to use! To many webmasters forget that there still is text browsers around...

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

jman_77

/me checks to see if he has alt tags :

johnqpublic

Ok,I have Netscape4.78 and has not locked up yet.Got Mozilla,not bad but a little slow.Konq is ok also.Now Opera is perty dern fast people.Different from what I am used to,but fast.So for now it will be Opera and Net4.78 till it ticks me off again.

Damn JohnQ your just moving up there, your already an apprentice! Yeah, opera is pretty nice....I use it pretty often in this winblows box as well....

Aragorn