Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Libranet Woes

Thread: Libranet Woes

johnqpublic

Libranet Woes

I was screwing around and messed up.Again!Anyway,I had to reinstall Libranet.SOB refuses to install Lilo to / or boot partition.Ok,no prob cuz I'll use a floppy go into Libranet and install Lilo that way.Well it's in /usr/share/doc/lilo/examples.Did a "gunzip QuickInst.gz" then "./QuickInst" and got a "permission denied" error.I was logged in as root.How do I install Lilo if I get this error?

Re: Libranet Woes

man, I have never used Libranet before....hmm....

try . QuickInst that runs the file a different way otherwise, try and see if liloconf is there or linuxconf..

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

I was screwing around and messed up.Again!Anyway,I had to reinstall Libranet.SOB refuses to install Lilo to / or boot partition.Ok,no prob cuz I'll use a floppy go into Libranet and install Lilo that way.Well it's in /usr/share/doc/lilo/examples.Did a "gunzip QuickInst.gz" then "./QuickInst" and got a "permission denied" error.I was logged in as root.How do I install Lilo if I get this error?
    I looked on Libranets website and that is the way it says to install lilo. Check the permissions on QuickInst and make sure it is marked as an executable.

Jim H

johnqpublic

Set permissions as exe. Lilo refused to install.Why? Well I'm cabled to IDE 3(My HPT-370 ATA-100 Controller)which is seen as hde,my partition for Libranet is hde7.Lilo looked for hda and sda,gave a fatal error.Why me.Had it installed before,now I'm fustrated.Any thoughts on this?

JimH

My not knowing how Libranet is setup doesnt help either. It sounds like maybe your lilo.conf file, I assuming this is file QuickInst is getting it information from, isn't setup for your hard drive. Try and find out where it gets its information from and look and see if it is setup correctly. I don't see anything on Libranets website. Is there a manpage for QuickInst?

Jim H

JimH

Added thought, do you have to use QuickInst? Can't you just reinstall lilo my using: lilo -v?

Jim H

johnqpublic

Well, I don't have a lilo.config file yet as lilo has never been installed so I don't know where Lilo is getting info.Where should I run lilo -v exactly?If I could get it installed I can edit lilo.config to get it to boot without a floppy.

JimH

You can run lilo -v at any console prompt as the root user. The file should be lilo.conf. It should look similiar to this:

boot=/dev/hda
    map=/boot/map
    install=/boot/boot.b
    prompt
    timeout=50
    linear
    vga=791

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.3-SGI_XFS_1.0.1
    label=linux
    initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.3-SGI_XFS_1.0.1.img
    read-only
    root=/dev/hdb3
    append="ramdisk_size=2500"

other=/dev/hda4
    optional
    label=windoze

Jim H

johnqpublic

Thanks JimH and Aragorn,got Lilo installed thanks to your help.I got it installed with errors(could not find hde),but I got a /etc/linux.config file which I edited ran "lilo"without anymore error messages.Libranet rebooted just fine.Now if I stop fixing what ain't broke I'll be fine.Thanks again guys.