Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Lost interrupt?

Thread: Lost interrupt?

johnqpublic

Lost interrupt?

Ok,I compiled 2.4.13 kernel rebooted and this is what happened after it did its hardware check and what not

Partition check:
    hde; lost interrupt
    hde; lost interrupt

I am cabled to IDE 3 which is UDMA-100 hence the "hde" instead of IDE-1 or 2 (UDMA-33,66).My partition is hde3 and this has not happened with other kernels on this controller.Do I have a partition table prob?Anyone have a solution to this? Mobo is Abit KA7-100 with HPT-370 chipset.IDE-3,4 are UDMA-100.I mention all this as I feel this may be a cause of my prob.

Oh,this is happening in SuSE7.2

JimH

Re: Lost interrupt?

Well, you could always try 2.4.14. It has been released. I'm seen others report the same problem with various kernel versions. Mostly with Via chipsets. Do a google search it will turn up "bunches" of hits. :P I believe it has to do with the kernel expecting an interrupt after switching DMA modes, but not getting one. I don't recall specifics.

Jim H

I remember reading something about this quite a LONG time ago. It had something to do where you had to compile the kernel in ATA-66 mode and then after compilation you could switch it back to ATA-100. But I don't exactly remember all the gory details, so this is could be a fart in the wind....

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Well, you could always try 2.4.14. It has been released. I'm seen others report the same problem with various kernel versions. Mostly with Via chipsets. Do a google search it will turn up "bunches" of hits. :P I believe it has to do with the kernel expecting an interrupt after switching DMA modes, but not getting one. I don't recall specifics.

Jim H
    This is an Athlon board with a Via chipset.I'll take another look in Bios and see if settings could be a prob and then try google.Aragorn,I understand your point but I just don't remember this happening with any other Kernel and I compile the same as always.Thanks JimH and Aragorn.Anyone else have ideas post away!

johnqpublic

Solved! Forgot to choose "yes" for Via chipset support when configuring my kernel.I Feel like an idiot.Kernel works fine now.Thanks for the input.

Key: When compiling kernel for VIA chipset, be sure to include support for VIA chipset!

;D ;D

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

johnqpublic

Agreed!