Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

linux box as a router

Thread: linux box as a router

linux box as a router

HI friends.....

how i configure my linux box as a ROUTER? i heared about Zebra .... but i dnt know how to configure it..... please help me....
    waiting yr rely.......... with luv....
    lakshminarayanan

My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

I have used Zebra, but development was stopped some time ago. It had an OSPF bug where all loopback addresses were advertised as a class C no matter what the subnet mask on them was.

The replacement is quagga, which works fine and is a standard package in Fedora.

Both run separate routing processes for each protocol. You can access the command line of each process by telnetting to a speacial port of each process. Once inside, you have a pseudo Cisco command line with only the routing commands available for that protocol. For example, if you log into the RIP process, you only have access to Cisco's RIP commands; if you log into the base config process, you get all commands, except those specific to a routing protocol.

The good thing about both is that the configurations are always live. You don't have to restart the process after each change, which could causea network interruption.

Hope that helps.

Smile Re:Zebra

First of all you install zebra.Then in terminal write

service zebra start
    and then the zebra daemon will be started.Then you will see name & password will asked.After logging you will in the zebra>...... prompt.
    For logging name & password you have to read zebra.conf file,in the zebra directory.