Thread: What I Like

Kind Mastermind

What I Like

I just noticed the date joined feature. I like that (have I really been with LJr since August of 2001? Boy, how the time has flown!).

To all my LJr friends, lets use this thread to post things that we like about this site. It will help us overcome some of our trepidation about the merger.

Cheers
    The one serious conviction that a man should have is that nothing is to be taken too seriously.
    Where facts are few, experts are many.

Hrrm. I like that Peter agreed to take on this horde of unruly miscreants.

Kind Mastermind
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Hrrm. I like that Peter agreed to take on this horde of unruly miscreants.

Arrrrrr! A horde is right, me matey! Unruly says you, opinionated and proud says I!

Er, um, yeah. I almost forgot I'm not in the Navy, I'm in the Air Force. "Off we go, into the wild blue yonder. Flying...."

Cheers
    The one serious conviction that a man should have is that nothing is to be taken too seriously.
    Where facts are few, experts are many.

May, 2001 for me... wow! Seems like yesterday, but it was a world ago.

Well, what I like about the site thus far is that it has a nice clean look to it and seems to be laid out much as our old home, so it's not a huge, jaring change.

Still, it'll take a bit of getting use to. I hope that us "old timers" stick with it and keep the gig going from LJR. It's way too many good times to let it fade away.

I like the thread tools. They are pretty nifty.
    And the quick reply options.
    Also, the fact that you can check all threads that someone posted on. LJr had that, but it would hang and time out.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Good Guru
    Many other BBS packages are much more feature rich than YaBB but somehow Cloverm seems to stick with YaBB for various reasons. The color sheme also is much more blend in than LJR which has much brighter color schme which in time can be a turn off for some. I personally don't really care about when I join, my rank or karma stuff.

But all the things I like on this site always off set and threw me off for the fact that there are too many ads. At least 7 different ads on each page is quiet too much.
    LinuxVillage - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

I hope you don't mind a LF.org-er chiming in. The old LF had a phpBB system too and it was a total dog compared to VBulliten. All other things aside, I welcome the speed bump over the old boards.
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7