Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

how can i install apache tomcat in linux??

Thread: how can i install apache tomcat in linux??

how can i install apache tomcat in linux??

I dont know how to install and configure apache tomcat in linux
    Please guide me
    i am just a newbie

hello,
    if you are running fedora it is called httpd - here is a very useful link on it also.
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archiv...p/t-28392.html
    telnet mtrek.game-host.org 1701

Hi,

I went to Google and typed tomcat+linux. The first result says how to do it.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Try the install tutorial trickter pointed you to, then post any questions you might have. I have done it numerous times, and I can answer most questions you might have. Don't forget to set CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME env vars! I still forget to do this from time to time.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

You really need to tell us what distribution you're running. It varies from distro to distro.
    I lost my self-respect at Wes' Rib House

Associate
    Quote Originally Posted by jro
    Try the install tutorial trickter pointed you to, then post any questions you might have. I have done it numerous times, and I can answer most questions you might have. Don't forget to set CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME env vars! I still forget to do this from time to time.
    jro,
    What do those two environment variables do for you?