Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Site merger
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site merger

Mentor

Site merger

Some of you probably have noticed that I haven't been very active on the forum lately. I have new interests in my life, and spend little time on the computer. Also my job requires me to move out state and right now I'm busy fixing up my old house and then I'll be busy working on the new house. I'm becoming more and more of the tool belt-wearing weekend-warrior type.

So the time has come for me to retire from running Linux Junior. Not to worry, I found a very knowledgeable and friendly guy, Peter Harrison or "peter", who runs the LinuxHomeNetworking.com website and the forums at OpenFree.org and showed interest in taking over LJR. LinuxJunior will be hosted on Peter's server with some modifications. The web portal will remain intact, but the forums will be integrated into those of OpenFree.org and run on vBulletin. It will give you more features and better security than YaBB.

The migration will occur on February 1, 2006 and your LinuxJunior usernames and passwords will be maintained. There might be a short interruption in accessing the forum while we are transferring the database and the new DNS settings propagate. Just bear with us, we are making the transition as painless as possible.

We hope that the merger of these two sister sites will create a stronger, more dynamic and fun community for everyone.

I will stay a member of LJR, but peter will be your administrator.

Thank you all who helped make LinuxJunior.org a friendly, fun place to talk about Linux.

Cloverm

Re:Site merger

It is good. Good luck to you and the new home, i know it is much work. Thanks for providing this site for the past five years.

I hope everything works out for you.

I guess I'm off to the other site to see how it looks!

I just realized that we have a plethora of information on the posts on this forum, and it often comes up on Google searches.

Will the posts and threads be imported into the other forum?

Mentor

[quote author=trickster link=board=18;threadid=10884;start=#msg97542 date=1138651149]
    I just realized that we have a plethora of information on the posts on this forum, and it often comes up on Google searches.

Will the posts and threads be imported into the other forum?
    [/quote]

Affirmative.

What about PETs ?

Mentor

[quote author=pbharris link=board=18;threadid=10884;start=#msg97544 date=1138652027]
    What about PETs ?
    [/quote]

They will stay. Everything stays the same for LJR, except for the forum software change to VBulletin.

Just echoing my thanks. LJR has been a great place to hang out these last 5 years. I think a lot of old members have gone through the same changes as you. When I first signed up I was the kind of guy who looked forward to a weekend of hand-tuning config files to get some obscure bleeding-edge feature working. Nowadays the only time I touch Linux is when my server messes up...twice a year or so. Still, I keep coming back here due to the friendliness of the locals and the spirit of the forums.

So thanks for providing this site for everyone, and all the best in the future!

^
    |
    |
    Ditto

Good Guru

Well congratulations on working towards a new home! I am not a bit displeased here, although feel empathy towards your situation. Time is barely existant for me, and I am sure yours is a few degrees worse :-\

What I think is the best part on how you are handling this is your openness and honesty. I think we ALL here at LJR should applaud you for that, and buy yoyu a stogie or a few beers for a great five or six years while under your control.

Thanks,

Andrew