Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Now This Is A Laptop!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now This Is A Laptop!

Kind Mastermind

Now This Is A Laptop!

It's about dang time that a company released a real laptop! Check it out here!

Cheers

Re:Now This Is A Laptop!

MacBook Pro starts at just $1999.
    That´s a hell of a lot money... :

I want it to have my babies.. it's so sexy

intel and ATI ? ehh....

AMD and Nvidia would certainly interest me more..
    Besides, is x86 really a better platform that ppc?

[quote author=Stuart link=board=14;threadid=10870;start=0#msg97397 date=1137020656]
    AMD and Nvidia would certainly interest me more..
    [/quote]

Intel and ATI is the smart move for Apple at the moment where they have had such issues delivering over the last couple of years they need at least a few solid growth quarters to get everyone believeing their poop don't stink anymore. (I am a Mac user so no flames)

X86 may or may not be better it is just the only logical choice right now.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Stuart link=board=14;threadid=10870;start=0#msg97397 date=1137020656]
    [/quote]

Yes and no. Yes...because it hasn't been plagued with heat/speed issues like the G5 PPC has been. No...because "better" is simply too subjective. There is absolutely no way to truely compare two different archs as they are built differently and thus would have different pluses and minuses. Think about it this way...you could race a dog and a horse. If you're talking about racing on a typical race track, then the horse would more than likely win. If you're talking about racing through dense brush and trees, then the dog would likely win. Depending on your view of the world, the dog could be a faster "better" racer than the horse and vis versa.

Cheers

i wonder what the bootimes would be if i eventually installed Ubuntu...

No Linux on them currrently though they use EFI and some other technology that's non-trivial to implement nicely in terms of exisiting distros.

That being said, I really enjoy the PPC design the multitude of available registers is a wonderful thing - especially the PPC970 (G5) was a nice design. There's a reason why the PPC is the based of both the Xenon and the Cell chip, it's just a damn good design.