Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

First time linux user - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First time linux user

Re:First time linux user

I think it's kernel-*

Associate

same output

Ok, the command should have been
    rpm -qa kernel *
    To install the kernel source do
    yast -i kernel-source
    Note no "s" at the end.

i use rpm -qa | grep -i kern

Associate

sean~> rpm -qa | grep -i kern
    kernel-source-2.6.13-15
    kernel-default-nongpl-2.6.13-15.7
    kernel-update-tool-0.9-10
    kernel-default-2.6.13-15.7

looks liek sources are installed... why isnt ndiswrapper seeing that?

I don't know. I'd skip installing from scratch, and just get a precompiled package.
    Code:
    yast -i ndiswrapper

Good Guru

I agree.

Associate

okay i installed ndiswrapper, but now i have a different problem... i cant detect any networks. i tried all suggestions on the FAQ, and I also used the .sys file from my windows partition so I'm not sure whats going on... do you guys have any suggestions?

Good Guru

What exactly command did you issued and what you are not seeing?

a. Did you get your network card to work?

b. If you did and your NIC is not seeing wireless APs, then what kind of AP are you using?

c. You can see APs but you can't connect? I have my G based AP and I can't seem to be able to get with WAP. I'm not digging deep either.

Associate

iwlist wlan0 scan

a. by work, it was installed and does respond to iwconfig

b. im at an apartment complex so i should be able to see about 9-10 APs but I dont see a single one

c. n/a