Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

i want some books

Thread: i want some books

i want some books

hello all
    i want agood book for c++
    many boooooooks
    i want it to make me aprogrammer

zaid almtewti

Re:i want some books

If it isn't spam : go to amazon.com and search for c++

Advisor

And I want a $1.000.000, but for starters, you could pick up just about any C/C++ programming book.
    For C++ I would recommend Bjarne Stroustrups the C++ Programming language and then Nicolai M. Josuttis the C++ standard library
    For C I would recommend Greg Perrys The absolute beginners guide to C and then K&R The C programming language where Stephen Kochans Programming in C (developers library) would be a nice extension.

For a good laugh you could get M.T. Skinner The C++ Primer and make a contest on how many errors you can locate in the different chaptors.

And then move onto O'reillys Practical C++ Programming and Practical C Programming
    From there on, man(1) will be your friend.

For a more system specific, and if you're into network programming (like I am), you could get the UNIX Networking Programming vol 1 and vol 2 which contains alot of nice explanations to network-structures aswell as alot of code examples.

If you're more into Bezier curves and graphics, then Mason, Jackie and Toms OpenGL Programming Guide will be a good reference.

for a cheaper option head to you local librairy.

About libraries - My one even hadn't a python book >. I didn't like the online tutorials, they were so strange for me so I wanted a book with exercises and so on. Then I searched amazon and found Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner. I'm really happy with it

For a C++ intro book, Sam's teach yourself C++ for Linux is actually excellent, moving on O'Reilly is really one of the few decent publishers out there who carries programming books, I've never gone wrong with an O'Reilly book.