Thread: X windows battery monitor?

X windows battery monitor?

Hey all!

Long time no see. Sorry. I got myself a new mac and now spend my time 50/50 between linux and apple environments. I'll do up some screenshots in a second

Anyway, I got the latest Xorg installed on this baby. As I unfortunately found out, Gnome on apple sucks the big one. So I've decided to go with blackbox, as it seems to be the only wm that's not terribly broken on a mac.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've been on the blackbox scene, and I'm wondering about the following

First, is there a laptop battery monitor for blackbox? Alternatively, anything that runs in x that doesn't sit on the gnome or kde panels.

Second, does anyone know any third party xwindows applets that implement the freedesktop.org spec on the system tray? I'd like to be able to minimize gaim to a smaller window such as an applet, but it seems that I'm not getting any system tray icons showing up anywhere.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Re:X windows battery monitor?

One thing you might be able to do is use the demon part of the gnome-power-manager project, that is if you don't want the tray icon and the nice gui for setting the values.

Regardless, this should use libnotify to just tell you when your system running low on juice.

Re:X windows battery monitor?

Hmmm yeah...I suppose I could do that. Hopefully libnotify exists for Darwin. I'll check it out.

Thanks!