Thread: Hello from the Dark Side

Hybrid View

Hello from the Dark Side

Hey all.

Just wanted to hello as I've been busy for a while. Stared teaching an A+ cert class at a local trade college, runnig my Web design and hosting business and working some extra hours at RadioShack for the hollidays.

...and I am still using Windows XP as my desktop OS and, gods help me, I am digging it. FreeBSD on the servers, though, so I am not completly lost.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone.

Re:Hello from the Dark Side

Take two of these *cyanide capsules with the word suicide crossed out and replaced with headache* and call me in the morning.

hi cga!
    nice to see ya

"Break on over to the other side" The Doors

Well, at least you staying busy, which can be good.

Good Guru

[quote author=Darth cga link=board=21;threadid=10825;start=0#msg97035 date=1133715892]
    ...and I am still using Windows XP as my desktop OS and, gods help me, I am digging it.
    [/quote] I'm with ya on this. After breaking horribily during dist-upgrading from Horay to Breezy with Ubuntu Linux, I'm at least able to use my XP box (thanks my wife for keeping this xp box around ). :-\

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=21;threadid=10825;start=0#msg97059 date=1134014604]
    [quote author=Darth cga link=board=21;threadid=10825;start=0#msg97035 date=1133715892]
    ...and I am still using Windows XP as my desktop OS and, gods help me, I am digging it.
    [/quote] I'm with ya on this. After breaking horribily during dist-upgrading from Horay to Breezy with Ubuntu Linux, I'm at least able to use my XP box (thanks my wife for keeping this xp box around ). :-\
    [/quote]

I am running XP Home with Power Toys and a lot of free software (Firefox, Thunderbird, OOo2 and Cygwin) plus using very nice Windows Freeware like the PSpad text editor and Picasa photo editor. Oh, and iTunes rocks!

I'll probably keep running XP as my desktop and keep my Linux and BSD stuff server-side.

Good Guru

After my experience with XP Home with my brother-in-law's box, I dispite XPHome. At least this XP Pro works okay.

I haven't learn a lesson on my desktop box though, I'm re-installing Ubuntu Breezy plus FC5 Test1 as dual boot (Gosh, I LOVE 300 GB drive ) and see which one I will keep. I also limit myself with installing x64 instead of x32. But then again, if I have 64 bits CPU, why not use it?

Anyway, nice to see you around. Oo.o2 don't even start up on my x64 box the last time I used it. : We REALLY need a good office suite. The main reason I'm getting FC5 is to try out KOffice although I could have installed Kbuntu but I'm trying to shoot two birds with one bullet.

Good to see ya still around.

[quote author=cga link=board=21;threadid=10825;start=0#msg97060 date=1134058292]
    [quote author=Compunuts link=board=21;threadid=10825;start=0#msg97059 date=1134014604]
    [/quote]

I am running XP Home with Power Toys and a lot of free software (Firefox, Thunderbird, OOo2 and Cygwin) plus using very nice Windows Freeware like the PSpad text editor and Picasa photo editor. Oh, and iTunes rocks!

I'll probably keep running XP as my desktop and keep my Linux and BSD stuff server-side.
    [/quote]
    Did you know picasa runs almost flaslessly under wine?