Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Go White Sox!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go White Sox!!

Go White Sox!!

alrighty - it was a nail biter tonight - but the Sox pulled it off.

Re:Go White Sox!!

Yeahhhhh, ChiSox! ;D

And which american sport I don't have a clue about would this be?

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=10766;start=0#msg96650 date=1130097284]
    [/quote]

that would be baseball - it is played with a stick and ball - the person with the stick (called a baseball bat) hopefully hits the ball and if it is not caught then he gets to run around bases, if he can return to home base then his team gets one point. it is not too different from the British game of cricket.

Mentor

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=10766;start=#msg96650 date=1130097284]
    [/quote]

It goes like this:
    One guy pitches the ball, the other one catches it. This goes on for an hour. Then another guy hits the ball, everybody starts running around on the field and the crowd cheers. Then the pitch-catch thing goes on again until the ball gets hit again. 6 hours later you wake up, the game is over ...

baseball would have sufficed - I'm still learning the rules to this violent ball game you mistakenly have named football. I'm doing my best to fit in in the event that I have to become an american.

Baseball may fit you better than football, then. Most violence in baseball is limited to name calling. Very little physical contact on it.
    However, as Cloverm mentioned, it can get to be somewhat slow. You got to be a fan to sit through a whole game.

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=10766;start=0#msg96655 date=1130107131]
    Baseball may fit you better than football, then. Most violence in baseball is limited to name calling. Very little physical contact on it.
    However, as Cloverm mentioned, it can get to be somewhat slow. You got to be a fan to sit through a whole game.

[/quote]

yup ya gotta be a fan...thats why they sell beer there ;D

also GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

You think American football is more violent than Ice Hockey? :

That's all it seems they do is fight with hockey.

As Rodney Dangerfield said, "I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out"! ;D

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=10766;start=0#msg96654 date=1130105608]
    baseball would have sufficed - I'm still learning the rules to this violent ball game you mistakenly have named football. I'm doing my best to fit in in the event that I have to become an american.
    [/quote]

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=10766;start=0#msg96655 date=1130107131]Most violence in baseball is limited to name calling.[/quote]
    Not when you play with me :