Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

bittorrent

Thread: bittorrent

bittorrent

Killer app!
    But I realize I can't stop it from uploading unless I hack the code.
    Is there any way I can stop it on my PC? I mean it doesn't appear to be running as service and I don;t want it to suck up my bandwidth at work...is there any way to temporarily disable it?

Advisor

Re:bittorrent

what are you using ? if you're using the btdownloadcurses or btdownloadgui you can restrict it with a set of flags ie:
    Code:
    ~ > btdownloadcurses --max_uploads 1 --max_upload_rate 1
    this will restrict it to only allow one person fetching from you and only at a rate of 1 kb/s
    I would guess
    Code:
    ~ > btdownloadcurses --max_uploads 0
    would completely disable uploads, but I havn't tried it

//edit The last suggestion will allow unlimited number of uploads, so it's a no go...

I run ot in XP.
    What I'm looking for is how to stop it temporarily - after I'm done downloading I don;t want other users to de downloading from me - I thought I could stop bittorrent service, but there is no service for that - so the question is how to stop the bittorrent on my pc (wuthout uninstalling it

Advisor

Sorry, I've never used it on windows, so I have no idear how that is done.

Advisor

I just installed it on a windows box, and in the settings (view->settings) under download theres a "Seed completed torrents" and a "Seed last completed torrent" if you set every setting there to 1, it will only seed the first percent of your download, for one minut.

well...the question remains the same - how can I stop it when I don;t use it, there is no service for bittorrent, so how can I do it?
    Or to put simply - how can I turn it off without uninstalling? (I'm not looking into limiting, I'm looking into effectively disabling)
    thx

I may be missing something, but, isn't Bittorrent an application? Can't you just turn kill it when you are not using it?

That's what I'm trying to figure out - killing bittorrent in the process would be enogh tp stop other people from being able to donload from my pc?

[quote author=elovkoff link=board=25;threadid=10761;start=0#msg96585 date=1129654488]
    That's what I'm trying to figure out - killing bittorrent in the process would be enogh tp stop other people from being able to donload from my pc?
    [/quote]
    That'd be my guess.

That's what I thought, just close it when you're done using it. It shouldn't let anybody download from you.