Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

IEXPLORE.EXE

Thread: IEXPLORE.EXE

Question

IEXPLORE.EXE never shuts off, even though I use Mozilla Firefox. I try to end the process but then it just comes right back on. It uses a lot of memory while on as well. I need to know a fix to this problem please help!

Originally posted by tommehm@Jun 27 2005, 05:49 AM
    IEXPLORE.EXE never shuts off, even though I use Mozilla Firefox. I try to end the process but then it just comes right back on. It uses a lot of memory while on as well. I need to know a fix to this problem please help!
    [snapback]5080[/snapback]

When you open task manager, how many "IEXPLORE.EXE"'s appear?
    i had a similar problem a short while ago. it turned out that i had a virus called "LOP", and it was a bugger to get rid of until i got the right removal program to get rid of it... i found it here <http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/downloads.htm> If you are running avast antivirus, it may pay to close it while you download and run the program (the download also contains a virus called "trojan-gen", but this is no worry, because after you run the "LOP-uninstaller", just re-start avast, and run a scan, and it will wipe the virus and the un-installer off your system leaving it clean. (and without "LOP")!
    If you dont have "avast anti-virus", then i recommend that you download it. You can usually find a free version here: <http://www.download.com>

Goodluck, and i hope this helps! :-)

Mentor
    Could also be a spyware trying to run IE to give you popups. Try scanning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.