Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to install Kmail
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to install Kmail

How to install Kmail

Hi,

I am using the FC3 and I can't find Kmail on the application.

I read up on Kmail and they say it is really good to download hotmail accounts.

Please provide some solution.

Cheers

Re:How to install Kmail

I believe for KMail - you need KDE installed. See if KDE is installed or if its not, install it. I am not sure what the bare minimum libs are for KMail so I cannot tell you which RPMS to install but someone else might.

I have installed KDE but I think there is something missing. So I am going through the installation to see if I am missing anything out.

Please feel free to contribute.

Cheers

[quote author=Shebang link=board=2;threadid=10732;start=0#msg96362 date=1128425664]
    I believe for KMail - you need KDE installed. See if KDE is installed or if its not, install it. I am not sure what the bare minimum libs are for KMail so I cannot tell you which RPMS to install but someone else might.
    [/quote]

I'm guessing it *might* be installed, but not on the menu.
    Perhaps try

Code:
    updatedb
    to creade a file index database, then
    Code:
    locate kmail
    to see if it finds it anywhere.

You need KDE PIM installed, do you have that?
    http://pim.kde.org/

ok I will try that

[quote author=trickster link=board=2;threadid=10732;start=0#msg96365 date=1128441476]
    Perhaps try

Code:
    updatedb
    Code:
    locate kmail

[/quote]

ok I will try that

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=2;threadid=10732;start=0#msg96368 date=1128451184]
    You need KDE PIM installed, do you have that?
    http://pim.kde.org/
    [/quote]

You could use yum to install it. If it's already installed, yum should tell you. Yum should also take care of dependencies.

I manage to find Kmail on my system. Now what can I do to configure to receive mails from an external mail server.

I need to use Kmail on hotmail. Is this possible?

[quote author=hawkcl link=board=2;threadid=10732;start=0#msg96369 date=1128453508]
    ok I will try that

[quote author=trickster link=board=2;threadid=10732;start=0#msg96365 date=1128441476]
    Perhaps try

Code:
    updatedb
    Code:
    locate kmail

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[quote author=hawkcl link=board=2;threadid=10732;start=0#msg96384 date=1128608963]
    I manage to find Kmail on my system. Now what can I do to configure to receive mails from an external mail server.

I need to use Kmail on hotmail. Is this possible?

[quote author=hawkcl link=board=2;threadid=10732;start=0#msg96369 date=1128453508]
    ok I will try that

Perhaps try

Code:
    updatedb
    Code:
    locate kmail

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Did the people that said that it was "really good to download hotmail accounts" told you how to do it?
    Otherwise, I just checked Google for "kmail + hotmail" and got a bunch of results. You might want to check it