Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Samba share no writable

Thread: Samba share no writable

Samba share no writable

I have setup samba. I am able to see the folder I shared but not write, delete, or modify in the directory. I have pasted part of my smb.conf file. Any ideas what I am doing wrong.

[lampp]
    comment = LAMPP directory share
    path = /opt/lampp
    valid user = root backup
    public = yes
    writable = yes
    readonly = no
    printable = no

Re:Samba share no writable

Did you authenticated to the shared folder as "root" or as "backup"?

Neither…. How do I do that?

I did do this:
    #cat /etc/passwd |grep backup |mksmbpasswd.sh >/etc/samba/smbpasswd
    #cat /etc/passwd |grep root |mksmbpasswd.sh >/etc/samba/smbpasswd

And set the passwords.

What operating system are you using to access the shares?

From your client, you need to authenticate to the server that holds the share before accessing the data.

Re:Samba share not writable

I am using W2K but at some point I would exept 9X machines to access this share.

When I access the share \\cvserver I a prompted for a username and password, root will not work but my user "backup" will

I think you need to separate the users by a comma.

Code:
    [lampp]
    comment = LAMPP directory share
    path = /opt/lampp
    valid user = root,backup
    public = yes
    writable = yes
    readonly = no
    printable = no

Nope still getting “Access Denied” message.

Do I have to create permissions and ownership on the directory?

Here is a PET on setting up permissions.

Problem solved

#chmod 0777 \opt\lampp

I have to fine tune the permissions and security, but that points me in the right direction.

Thanks a heck of a lot