Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I Must Be Getting Older!

Thread: I Must Be Getting Older!

Kind Mastermind

I Must Be Getting Older!

I went to BestBuy today (first time to the Rapid City one, even though I've lived here for over a year). I was browsing the music section and started to make a mental list of all the cd's I wanted to purchase. Here is what makes me think that I might be getting older:

1. A lot of the cd's were marked down to about $9.99...new stuff never gets that low unless it sucks.
    2. A lot of the cd's were by artists that no longer record (Earth Wind and Fire for instance) or were dead (Marvin Gaye, Barry White).
    3. None of the songs I wanted were recorded after, say, 1985.
    4. I hated most of the songs when I was young. Now I want them.
    5. I could hear the songs as I read the titles.

So, nostalgia has hit me full on. Out of the 80 cd's I've purchased in the last nine months...only five or six were recorded after 1990 or 1991. I feel pathetic.

Cheers

Re:I Must Be Getting Older!

getting older - it beats the alternative

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=pbharris link=board=17;threadid=10699;start=0#msg96037 date=1127017344]
    getting older - it beats the alternative
    [/quote]

True!

I've found myself confronting some of those issues.
    Though the cd prices have gone down in the last 10 years, since some court ruled they were overinflating the prices of cd's. I remember 8 years ago that the average peice for a cd was $17.99. Now is around $13.99 (I think.)

So you are back in the States again?

Jim, don't be so hard on yourself, half the music I bought was made before I was even born. The conclusion must therefore be that it's not us getting older, it's music that's getting crappier.

My gf e.g. refuses to buy music that's less than a decade old - because if it has survived a decade and she still likes it, it's worthwhile. Now she has had quite a few years more than me to enjoy music and I still own more CDs than her I think, I can easily point out which of the two collections of music I like the best... hers, it has music starting from before either one of us was born uptill fairly recently, no special genre just stuff that's good. If it lasts 10 years, it will last forever. Most stuff today isn't made to last 3 months, it has no depth, no soul.

Most of todays music is one hit wonders. Old school music is all I would buy, I hardly buy it anymore at all.

When Pepsi and iTunes had the cap promotion, I did download quite a bit, and most all of it was from the 70s & maybe 80s. Acouple was now days.

Old music kicks ass.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Countach44 link=board=17;threadid=10699;start=0#msg96062 date=1127102368]
    Old music kicks ass.
    [/quote]

Rock on!