Thread: thoughts from the 'Trane

thoughts from the 'Trane

This may appear to be a little self-indulgent, but I have some thoughts that Id like to share :

1. People say that Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston are on crack, and they are on SOMETHING, but people neglect to point out the most obvious public crackhead in America. Maria Shriver.

2. Ive seen a couple of screenshots of Microsoft Vista. It looks like Gnome with a very slick theme. And perhaps thats too much of a compliment.

3. I think it would be cool if there was a way to put place password protection on folders ala .htaccess. So when you attempt to access the folder with a filemanager, you get a pop-up window prompting for a password. In the CLI world youd get a " passwd: " prompt. That way i could hide my p0rn

4. My favorite window decorations in Linux are still too big. Namely the title bar.

Re:thoughts from the 'Trane

3. I think it would be cool if there was a way to put place password protection on folders ala .htaccess. So when you attempt to access the folder with a filemanager, you get a pop-up window prompting for a password. In the CLI world youd get a " passwd: " prompt. That way i could hide my p0rn
    I like that idea ;D

[quote author=coltrane link=board=14;threadid=10683;start=0#msg95942 date=1126693427]
    4. My favorite window decorations in Linux are still too big. Namely the title bar.
    [/quote]

in metacity, change the font size (use the control font thingy)

Good Guru

[quote author=coltrane link=board=14;threadid=10683;start=0#msg95942 date=1126693427]
    1. People say that Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston are on crack, and they are on SOMETHING, but people neglect to point out the most obvious public crackhead in America. Maria Shriver.
    [/quote]
    If you watch "Being Bobby Brown", you will notice that they ARE on something. But then again, they are Hollywood couple so what can I say; they are simply just weird.

Maria Schriver being a crack head, I'd like to hear why you come to that conclusion with a few pointers. I've yet to see her behaving badly but then again, we don't really see her much in public.

She certainly is more public than former California first ladies but all they do is root for their husbands and no one take really serious what they say anyway.

2. Ive seen a couple of screenshots of Microsoft Vista. It looks like Gnome with a very slick theme. And perhaps thats too much of a compliment.
    There is no doubt they are learning from OSS world and taking the cues. I don't really think it's a bad thing either. There is this 95% of PC users who would bend over backwards just for the eye candy.

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=14;threadid=10683;start=0#msg95975 date=1126847774]

Maria Schriver being a crack head, I'd like to hear why you come to that conclusion with a few pointers. I've yet to see her behaving badly but then again, we don't really see her much in public.

[/quote]

I wasnt being entirely serious with that statement, but if you Google Image Maria Schriver pre-Arnold and post-Arnold....she looks like the crypt keeper's 2nd cousin

Good Guru

Okay ... ;D