Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Rat brain flies jet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rat brain flies jet

Rat brain flies jet

Damn!!

Florida scientists have grown a brain in a petri dish and taught it to fly a fighter plane.

Scientists at the university of Florida taught the 'brain', which was grown from 25,000 neural cells extracted from a rat embryo, to pilot an F-22 jet simulator. It was taught to control the flight path, even in mock hurricane-strength winds.

"When we first hooked them up, the plane 'crashed' all the time," Dr Thomas DeMarse, an assistant professor of biomedical engineering at the University of Florida, said. "But over time, the neural network slowly adapts as the brain learns to control the pitch and roll of the aircraft. After a while, it produces a nice straight and level trajectory."

Full Story

Advisor
    heh, i had just read that article before i came here

fucking crazy

Mentor
    Rat brain writes code, compiles, wins DARPA Award!
    Rat brain runs worlds most popular web forum, makes millions.

Thats crazy, I am inclined to not even believe this its so out there. Maybe in the not-so-distant-future we will won't be playing against computer controlled bots in games but rather super-rat brains!
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Error";p="6218
    /me thinks to himself.... damnit... they've figured me out... guess I'll go find some cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by mcangeli";p="6226
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Error";p="6218
    /me thinks to himself.... damnit... they've figured me out... guess I'll go find some cheese.
    <snct struggles insanly to NOT make any rat nose jokes... > :mrgreen:
    Steve

Mentor
    Not so fast there RatMan! Some of us don't understand what a 'rat nose' joke would be. Please enlighten us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Error";p="6240
    Not so fast there RatMan! Some of us don't understand what a 'rat nose' joke would be. Please enlighten us.
    Yes. Please. Enlighten us.

Re: Rat brain flies jet

Naaah. I'm on MCA's good side, so I think I'll stay there :mrgreen: .
    Steve

Mentor
    I am behind him to!