Thread: Minor Accident

Minor Accident

well tonight I got into a minor accident in Stanley Park. Everyone is ok, what happend was my car started to bottem out cause of a full car and poor road maintainace. while in the middle of the turn my right rear tire blew off the rim and swirved off into a small ditch which thankfuly I went in rear first and was able to get the car out. I then noticed that even a tiny turn of the wheel would make me slide (drove flat almost to parking lot) so I finally decided to stop and take a look at the damage. The first thing that I saw was my rear right smoking like crazy. and the front, right side, roof, hood and back were insainly muddy. but no damage . We were lucky enough to know someone that lived like less then 30min away and brought tools.

but what was really pissing me off was that all the people that drive by did shit all, not even asking if we were ok, all they did was just slow right down and look some even used there highbeams.

I got a question for all of you...if you see someone in need of help what would you do honestly!! would you ask if there ok? do you need help with something?

one thing is we had this on video and when this whole incdent happend everything was in slow motion but when you look at the footage it all happend sooo quicky...I even cried...yes I cried because I was the driver and it was my responsiblity to keep them safe and I failed at it.

also the tire was also not in good condition I told my dad about several time and he said it would be fine! HA!! so people if you have a bad tire even though it may seem fine take it from me FIX IT!!! something just might happen! who cares if you gotta buy a new tire it's cheaper to buy a new tire then to loose you life or something else bad happen to you or others.

sorry for the ranting long post but I felt I had to say something.

Michael

Re:Minor Accident

wow - good to hear no one was hurt - bad to hear it happened. if my kids are not with me i stop and help. if they are with me i hope for the best for them - i take zero chances with da kiddies.

not sure how you could have avoided this unless the road was completely messed up and you should not have been on there except with a 4WD - so i would not be too hard on myself

rant away my friend!!
    cheers,
    paul

[quote author=pbharris link=board=14;threadid=10666;start=0#msg95780 date=1125853238]
    wow - good to hear no one was hurt - bad to hear it happened. if my kids are not with me i stop and help. if they are with me i hope for the best for them - i take zero chances with da kiddies.

not sure how you could have avoided this unless the road was completely messed up and you should not have been on there except with a 4WD - so i would not be too hard on myself

rant away my friend!!
    cheers,
    paul
    [/quote]
    What he said.

we do agree that when we talked hours before this happened, you were mocking me for being high.. right.. and who got into a car accident?

[quote author=pbharris link=board=14;threadid=10666;start=0#msg95780 date=1125853238]

rant away my friend!!
    cheers,
    paul
    [/quote]

I can understand if someone has kids, but most of these people didnt have there kids with them it's mostly grown up people.

a 4wd would be nice but it's a road that needs to be fixes tthere are 1000s that go through there daily.

we do agree that when we talked hours before this happened, you were mocking me for being high.. right.. and who got into a car accident?
    well non of us were drinking (I don't drink and drive) and non of us were high.

w00t 1000 post ;D

My 2 cents:

If I were alone, I'd stop.

If I were with my family or girlfriend, I wouldn't. I'd call 911 if needed, but I would not risk any harm to befall them.

Kind Mastermind

Interesting question. I stop and help if I see the person in time and can safely stop. If I can't, I pray for them. It doesn't really matter too much if my family is with me or not, I stop. Of course, if my kids are with me and no one else, I wouldn't stop. If my wife is with me and the kids, I stop. It also depends on if the situation feels right or not. If it feels funny, I keep moving. If not, I stop.

At any rate, I am happy to hear that no one was injured and that the damage seems to be minimal at best.

Cheers