Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

OpenSolaris

Thread: OpenSolaris

OpenSolaris

Discuss.

I'd really like to give it a shot. Anyone know what hardware you need to run it?

Good Guru

Re:OpenSolaris

I would use Solaris 10 at this point. As far as I can tell, the source release wasnt complete enough to be useful for us yet. After about ... another 12-18 months, that will be a different answer. Their website, www.opensolaris.org, has their roadmap link. Visit that for more clarity.

Generic hardware is best for OpenSolaris. Just remember that you have to have a version of Solaris installed before being able to upgrade into OpenSolaris.
    "In the heat of conversation I may have said certain things I believe to be untrue. The alleged lie that you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago ... thats a parasite that lives in my neck." -- Tad Ghostal

www.gnusolaris.org

Ubuntu meets the OpenSolaris kernel - that is what I would recommend, I played with the liveCD and it seems to work rather nicely despite being in Alpha.
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lovey posted a link on the ZFS filesystem a couple of weeks ago, made me want to buy a Sparc box.....still might actually
    I was standing in the park wondering why Frisbees got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me.

ZFS is indeed very very sweet.
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.