Thread: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=tinymindsorg-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=0439784549&fc1=000000&lc1=0 000ff&bc1=&lt1=_blank&IS2=1&bg1=ffffff&f=ifr" width="120" height="240" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" align="right"></iframe>From the Publisher
    In the fifth and most recent book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the last chapter, titled "The Second War Begins," started:

'In a brief statement Friday night, Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge confirmed that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has returned to this country and is active once more.

"It is with great regret that I must confirm that the wizard styling himself Lord - well, you know who I mean - is alive among us again," said Fudge.'

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince takes up the story of Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at this point in the midst of the storm of this battle of good and evil.

The author has already said that the Half-Blood Prince is neither Harry nor Voldemort. And most importantly, the opening chapter of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been brewing in J.K. Rowling's mind for 13 years.

Oh and someone else dies in this book!

Quote Originally Posted by mcangeli";p="6081
    Oh and someone else dies in this book!

Eeeexxxcceeeellleeennnnttt!!!!!!
    \"There are 10 types of people in the world; those that speak binary and those that don\'t.\"[img=left:e0a303efb3]http://pugio.spymac.net/deaddance.gif[/img:e0a303efb3]

Am I the only one in the world who doesn't like Harry Potter?

Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!

Amazon has 2 editions that look identical at this point, but both are books. I'm waiting for the audiobook edition to get priced, then I'll place my order :mrgreen: .

PL...
    No. You're not the only one in the world who doesn't like HP. I'm just one of the non-children that do :w00t: :cow: .
    Steve

Never actually read them, so I can't say if I like them or not. Probably not tho, from everything I have heard. But I will reserve judgement until I actually sit down and read one of them. Which may be never...
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Advisor
    i have not read them, but i can come to the immediate judgement that i do not like those books.

why you say? how can you know without reading them?

the same way i can know a book called "Teach yourself __ in __ days" sucks... i just know

Actually, the potter books are ok.

Rowling tells a good story, and above that, they're getting kids to read books and not play video games.

I'm about halfway through the Order of the Phoenix now.

She does tell a good story.

There will be one more after The Half-Blood Prince, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled";p="6114

There will be one more after The Half-Blood Prince, right?
    Yeah. And I bet that last one will be huge, bigger than OoP even. It's a good series though. I didn't think I'd like it until I saw the first movie. Then I started listening to the books (to hear parts of the story that were missing), and I was hooked after that. Not for everyone but, to each his own.
    Steve

Yes. It should go through year 7.
    However, I'm willing to bet there will be one more after that to wrap things up.

:mrgreen:

:duck: