Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Problem with Proftpd from WAN

Thread: Problem with Proftpd from WAN

Problem with Proftpd from WAN

I'm running Proftpd on my Mandy 10.2 box and can view and access the FTP directories from the LAN side with no problems.

However, I can't see the directories from the WAN side although I can log in. I see the greeting message but no directories. Both the ls and dir commands fail. I can change directories, though (e.g., cd pub works).

I have Proftpd listening on port 8889 to bypass my ISP's blocking of port 21.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks.

Re:Problem with Proftpd from WAN

Figured out the problem. Go to http://www2.tw.freebsd.org/proftpd/d...tml#CONFIG-NAT for the solution. Trick was to add in a couple of lines to the proftpd.conf file as follows:

MasqueradeAddress ftp.mydomain.com #adjust to taste, can also be an IP address
    PassivePorts 60000 65535

(also ensure that proftpd is listening on the correct port...in my case)

Port 8889

and then make sure the firewall and virtual host cofigurations in my router reflected the above. Works fine now when accessing from a Web browser (with passive FTP enabled) or ncftp (with passive FTP on or optional).