Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fedora Core 4 Available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedora Core 4 Available

Fedora Core 4 Available

Re:Fedora Core 4 Available

I hvent used Fedora since FC2 but i'm gonna try FC4

torrents

x86_64 http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ste...x86_64.torrent
    i386 http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ste...y-i386.torrent

thoughts?

Good Guru

I am still downloading. The duke server is slow. Dont know why -- they usually are fast.

I'm also interested to know how the final version is. Anything particularly noteworthy? I tried the beta, but after 2 days of use it died and never came back so that was the end of that.

I downloaded the dvd iso. If anyone want a copy of the dvd version, pm me.

i'm using it right now...but I really don't know what to say haha but so far it appears to be A LOT less bloted then FC2 (my last FC) but other then that I don't know what to say hahaha

In the past, Fedora has always required some "ramp-up" time. This was the time immediately after release when all your favorite software packages that still expected FC3 to be running on your system were being re-packaged for FC4. Some would still work without re-compilation/re-packagement, but it was iffy. FC2 didn't get good until a few weeks after ship.

Has the creation of Fedora Extras (I think that's what it's called? FC's answer to Ubu's Universe repo) changed this, or do you still have to wait for all your favorite sites to get their FC4 repos on the go?

Does anybody know if the 3Com nic problem got solved? I would like to give it a try and I had the problem with FC2, I think.

Good Guru

[quote author=Saptech link=board=19;threadid=10509;start=0#msg94637 date=1119202845]
    Does anybody know if the 3Com nic problem got solved? I would like to give it a try and I had the problem with FC2, I think.
    [/quote]

What was that issue? I cant recall what that problem was. I just remember that the 3Com's were generally one of the best supported cards (besides Intel).