Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Video card

Thread: Video card

Video card

What do you think the best video card on the market today?
    For UT2004 working with Linux

Good Guru

Re:Video card

The best nVIDIA you can afford. ATI sucks when it comes to Linux, and Matrox is pretty much out of the 3d acceleration race these days.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=8;threadid=10482;start=0#msg94338 date=1117380373]
    The best nVIDIA you can afford. ATI sucks when it comes to Linux, and Matrox is pretty much out of the 3d acceleration race these days.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the info!!!

Well, any r200 and most r300 ATI cards has open source drivers in the X.org tree which are accelerated and EXA enabled - I don't know about playing UT2004 but the top line r300 (the 9700 as I recall) should play it.

nVidia sucks when it comes to tainting the kernel as does the closed source driver provided by ATI for their cards.

I've played UT2004 under linux on my Nvidia Geforce7300GT. I had ~80 fps on 1024X768 and highest graphics settings. It's fully playable.

I think I'll install UT2K3 here soon, now that I have the x800xt working.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    UT2K7 is gonna be out soon .... mmmm FPS goodness

/me drools

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Are they doing another native Linux port again?
    arrogance breeds ignorance

Good Guru
    From what I recall, yes. I think Icculus is doing it again.

hmmm.... this is yummy to my PC
    Registered Linux User # 279330