Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anyone have avi or mpeg file?

Thread: Anyone have avi or mpeg file?

Good Guru

Anyone have avi or mpeg file?

So that I can test my Totem movie player? I don't actually need to have the whole movie or something .. just some short file so that I can see what formats work with Totem ...

TIA

Good Guru

Re:Anyone have avi or mpeg file?

When I run totem and tried to open it, the following error appears.

Code:
    Totem could not play 'file:///home/compunuts/misc/0023-Crocodile.mpg'.
    There were no decoders found to handle the stream in file "file:///home/compunuts/misc/0023-Crocodile.mpg", you might need to install the corresponding plugins
    What plug in do I need? I think it happened with asx as well as mp3.

Good Guru

Thanks for the movie though, Countach44.

Get the mplayer essential codec pack from here.

Then go Edit->Preferences in Totem and Add Proprietary Plugins. Copy the contents of the mplayer zip file into the directory that pops up. By that, I mean the acutal files...there should be NO subdirectories in the Plugins window that pops up.

That should give you access to mplayer codecs.

Good Guru

Thanks. I did that and verified that there is only files in there with no directories. I opened it again and it failed with the same message. :-\

get gstreamer-ffmpeg from universe

Oh is this totem-gstreamer? I've had MUCH better luck with totem-xine in the past. I'd recommend apt-getting totem-xine and see if that doesn't change your luck.