Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Revenge of the Sith - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revenge of the Sith

Re:Revenge of the Sith

I just got back from watching ep3, and I must say there are glaring plotholes and missing character motivation.. but it's one hell of a movie and I really enjoyed it, I'll certainly be watching it again and taking notes for my project to gain surprime world domination, since that movie had some good ideas.

very good this movie was.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

How about that great dialogue?

"Love can't save you. My new powers can!"

I figured I would just past this post I did on another forum.

**** SPOILER ALERT ****

The plot was holed like swiss cheese and the dialogue, especially the romance bits, made me want to undergo rootchannel rather than relive it.. but in an odd way the movie worked very well, I especially enjoyed the sneaky way in which the empire turns the rivalling parties on each other and walk away victorious.

As for the longest sword fight ever displayed in movie, I honestly prefered the Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul fight in ep1, the music and inticing waits that broke the action worked so well. Also, Obi-wan is a moron, he missed lesson 1 in super hero school - never assume the fight is over, chop that sucker up into as many bits as possible just to be safe. I mean obviously when you cut his legs off, and the lava sets him on fire, he's bound to come back.. gees, doesn't he ever watch movies?

Hayden is a horrible actor most of the way through, only his hateful stares once he becomes a Sith lord and the resolve is his eyes when he's killing babies salavages his performance.. he's a good bad guy.

Ewan provides by far the best performance, aside that one slip up with the hologram, he plays with great emotional width and he masterfully works his way towards the elderly sage style that Alec Guiness presented in ep4. Truly a work worth of the history books.

-added note-

It seems to me that in the original triology the emperor has full control over Darth Vader, where as in ep3 it really seems that the power balance is tipped the other way. A fact that greatly annoyed me, I would have liked to see the emperor playing Vader masterfully by putting those dreams in his head using the dark side then used his fears and flaws to wear him down. Buttomline is that while Vader might be a stronger force adapt, the emperor is a cunning man and he uses his mental powers rather than his force powers to subdue Vader, channel his love into crippling fear.

I seldom, if ever use the following word when refereeing to a movie: Magnificent! Sith is by far the best of the prequals and, in my mind, second only to The Empire Strikes Back from the original trilogy. I have never seen anything as visually stunning as this film, and not just the amazing visual effects. There are shots in here that are hauntingly operatic.

But more than anything else, shortly after I saw the very first Star Wars in 1977, I remember, as do all serious fans, an interview in which George Lucas stated that Darth Vader ended up in the suite following a duel with Obi Wan in which Vader falls into a volcano. I’ve waited almost 30 years to see that duel. It was worth the wait.

i do have one complaint - in episode IV (aka da original) obi wan, who at that time is called ben, says he has not gone by that name since before luke was born. albeit he may have changed his name when he arrived on tattooine, it was still after luke was born. pretty minor. i am sure i could pick out more stuff.