Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

UT2004 Linspire lockup

Thread: UT2004 Linspire lockup

UT2004 Linspire lockup

:-[ OK I've got a new one. Now when I run unreal tournament 2004 for approximately two hours on my Linspire machine for no reason it just lockup. I mean no mouse movement nothing I have to reboot the system.
    Has anybody else experienced this problem if so please let me know. I am not knocking linspire it can happen on any type of machine. All I know is that when I was running under Windows this did not happen. But I don't plan on going back to Windows.
    Thank you for your assistance

Bigfoot

Good Guru

Re:UT2004 Linspire lockup

Check your video card. It may be overheating. While you are in there check your cpu and ram as well. If they are overheating you will get the lockups you describe.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=8;threadid=10455;start=0#msg94162 date=1116488577]
    Check your video card. It may be overheating. While you are in there check your cpu and ram as well. If they are overheating you will get the lockups you describe.
    [/quote]

OK this is what I've done so far I have checked the temperature on the CPU and it's with in tolerant range then I popped the case and check to see if the fan on the video card with working and it was. I tock out the old DDR-RAM and put new in it. Just for fun I reformat the hard drive and installed windows on it XP ran it all day long with no problem. Put Linspire back on it and it lockup. The computer is a 2.6 Ghz machine. And it belongs to my daughter and she likes UT2004 oh maybe I should mention this when she is not playing the game it works fine go figure.

BigFoot

Write down the time when it locks up, then look at /var/log/messages and see if it shows any error at that time.

[quote author=trickster link=board=8;threadid=10455;start=0#msg94170 date=1116517145]
    Write down the time when it locks up, then look at /car/log/messages and see if it shows any error at that time.
    [/quote]

OK I shall do that thank you very much for the input didn't even know where that log was every little bit helps.

Thank you very much.

Big foot